My Allure beauty box for February has arrived! This month’s goodies include…
- Skinfix Minty Mint Lip Repair Balm: I’m constantly buying and losing lip balm, so I guess another one wouldn’t hurt.
- Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara: Will this mascara top the Grande mascara from last month? Stay tuned…
- Youth to the People Age Prevention Moisture Cream: I’ve heard good things about hyaluronic acid, so I’m excited to try this.
- Cle Essence Moonlighter Cushion: I’m glad I read the fine print, because at first, I assumed this was setting powder or something.
- Juice Beauty Phtyo-Pigments Liquid Lip in Gwyneth: Of course she named it “Gwyneth.”
I had the pleasure of walking out to the mailbox barefoot in 75-degree weather to retrieve my February Play! by Sephora beauty box. 🙂 Let’s take a look inside…
From left to right in the picture below, I received:
- First Aid Beauty Ginger & Turmeric Vitamin C Jelly Mask: I love a good mask! I’ve never used a jelly mask before, so this should be fun.
- Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Peeling Gel: I’ve always wanted to try a chemical exfoliant. Hopefully it isn’t too harsh!
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: I already have a full-sized version of this mascara, but this tiny tube is just too cute! Maybe I’ll stash it at work or use it for traveling.
- Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge Lipstick in M500: This looks like a pretty wine color. I’ve never used MUFE before, so this will be a first.
- Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel in 04 Perfect Nude: Not a big fan of tinted lip gloss, but I guess I’ll check it out.
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau de Toilette: Smells light and floral at first sniff. Doesn’t seem very complex, though. I have a feeling this fragrance won’t be joining my daily rotation.
Hey guys! As a “thank you” to all my loyal followers, I decided to do a Valentine’s Day giveaway. 🙂 Here are the rules:
- Follow “Femme for Femme” if you haven’t already. Only followers of the blog will be eligible to win.
- Comment on this post with a description of your Valentine’s Day “look.” A link to a picture would be even better!
- I’ll accept comments until tomorrow, February 15th, at 3 pm EST. Then I’ll pick a winner at random to receive a $25 Sephora e-gift card!
I recently got a 30%-off discount code from Sigma Beauty, so I decided to spring for a full set of brushes! Let’s unbox these babies…
The packaging was very cute! I loved the hot pink interior of the box. Here’s what was inside…
In addition to the Basic Face Kit and Basic Eyes Kit, I also ordered a lip brush, and got a free lip gloss with my order.
The brushes all came individually wrapped. Here’s a closer look at the unwrapped brushes…
From left to right in the above photo, the brushes are:
- F30, Large Powder Brush
- F50, Duo Fibre Brush
- F40, Large Angled Contour Brush
- F60, Foundation Brush
- F70, Concealer Brush
- E60, Large Shader Brush
- E40, Tapered Blending Brush
- E55, Eye Shading Brush
- E70, Medium Angled Shading Brush
- E30, Pencil Brush
- E65, Small Angle Brush
- E05, Eye Liner Brush
- L04, Detailed Lip Brush
Stay tuned for new looks made possible by my beautiful Sigma brushes!
New York Fashion Week is upon us! Jeremy Scott was one of the first designers to debut his new line for AW18, and, as usual, it is a DOOZY. I’ve teamed up with Femme for Femme’s #1 fashion correspondent, Pippi Bandini, to give you our hot take on this collection!
Pippi: God, I hate Jeremy Scott. What, did he just get to watching “Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century” on Disney Channel?
Pippi: My favorite thing about that show is watching the models trying to awkwardly walk in the huge puffy shoes and hoop skirts.
Armida: It’s like rave kids meet Care Bears meet the Jetsons meet Mia Wallace’s haircut from “Pulp Fiction.”
Pippi: Imagining the demographic of kids who can afford to and also want to wear some of that shit makes me violently ill.
Pippi: There are some pieces that I really like, though. The colorful dresses and coats that are like completely coated painting palettes.
Armida: Yeah, I’m not gonna lie, I would wear some of these clothes. I especially like the gauzy, flowy, rainbow-leopard-print outfits. It’s like a sexy version of a Lisa Frank binder.